Episode: 4 I talk to Tim Gabbett a Performance Consultant with over 20 years of experience working as an applied Sport Scientist with elite athletes, coaches and teams around the world. In this episode we discuss both the art and science of workload monitoring, the acute chronic workload ratio and Tims wider perspective on being effective in a performance environment.
In this Episode with Tim we discuss
- Tims Background and Gabbett Solutions
- How does Tim support high performance organisations
- What aspects of performance does Tim advise organisations with
- To monitor or not to monitor, what and why
- The common mistakes that people make when collecting data
- Principles of Acute Chronic Workload Ratio
- Time frames for the Acute Chronic Workload Ratio
- What are internal / external loads and how do you communicate between them
- How do upper limb loads vary in contrast to lower limb loads.
- What to do in ‘blackholes’ where we lose contact time with athletes for windows of time.
- Best examples managing workloads in sport
- What would Tim do if he was managing a performance department, How would his team use data to inform training programs and injury risk minimisation.
- Technology verses communication and player relationships
- Who has the biggest influence on Tims work now
- Tims Workload Courses
For more information on Tim check the following links:
Don’t forget – TimTam recovery have partnered with Inform Performance for the launch of the show. We will be giving away a TimTam power-massager to listeners who:
- Subscribe to the show and send a screenshot the InformPerformance instagram page to prove this.
- Like the InformPerformance
- Instagram page.
A few weeks after the episode has been released we will at random select a subscriber who has completed the above steps to win the power massager!
In the mean time keep upto date with the podcast by following us on:
Andy McDonald (Host)