Episode 6: I chat with Bill Burgos – Head of Strength & Conditioning for NBA team the Minnesota Timberwolves. Bill shares insights into his role at the Timberwolves, how to look after yourself and perform as a coach and we discuss his book which he has just released!
In this episode with Bill we discuss
- Bills background
- How did he get his current role at the Timberwolves
- The Importance of networking for getting roles in teams
- What does the department look like at the Timberwolves
- Bills education in Athletic Training / medical background as EMT (Military)
- What does a ‘typical’ day look like
- What qualities / athletic qualities does Bill screen for in NBA players
- How does Bill plan loading percentages, forces, velocities into his programs
- How does Bill program physical training / work in season.
- 10 Day floating periodisation
- Collecting performance data from games
- Bill explains how rookies transition from College/ Summer league through to the NBA
- How are Key Injury areas trained or focussed on? Ie Tendons
- What attributes do coaches need to be effective in the NBA
- How does Bill look after him when he’s on the road or deal with pressure
- Bills Book – Strength Training for Basketball
- Where you can follow Bill
For more information on Bill check the following links:
Don’t forget – TimTam recovery have partnered with Inform Performance for the launch of the show. We will be giving away a TimTam power-massager to listeners who:
- Subscribe to the show and send a screenshot the InformPerformance instagram page to prove this.
- Like the InformPerformance
- Instagram page.
A few weeks after the episode has been released we will at random select a subscriber who has completed the above steps to win the power massager!
In the mean time keep upto date with the podcast by following us on:
Andy McDonald (Host)