Episode 7: I chat with Sue Falsone owner of Structure and Function Education and author of Bridging The Gap. Sue has worked for the LA Dodgers, the US Mens National team and was Vice President of Performance Therapy and Team Sport at Athletes performance. Sue now currently offers consulting for a variety of organisations in the NBA, MLB and NFL, and continues to work one-on-one with athletes.
In this episode with Sue we discuss:
- Sues background
- Females working in professional sport
- Getting your foot in the door within professional sport
- The value of internships and conferences
- Understanding and balancing evidence based practise with clinical experience.
- How does sue decide what tools or approaches to include in her practise
- Sues organisational system ‘The Slide’, a model for managing athletic injury and performance.
- The Pain Generator – The source of peoples pain
- The Motion Segment – The cause of someones pain
- Psychomotor Control – The brain being able to connect to the body
- Somatosensory System
- Fundamental Performance – Strength, Power and Speed
- Fundamental Advancement or Athletic Movement – How do we express movement
- Advanced Performance – Sport Specific
- How does Sue ‘league hop’ and work effectively in different sports
- Working with other professions
- Needling, Dry Needling and Acupuncture within Physiotherapy Care.
- Practise Acts within Physical Therapy in America for Needling and Direct Access.
- Sues courses and resources
For more information on Sue check the following links:
Don’t forget – TimTam recovery have partnered with Inform Performance for the launch of the show. We will be giving away a TimTam power-massager to listeners who:
- Subscribe to the show and send a screenshot the InformPerformance instagram page to prove this.
- Like the InformPerformance
- Instagram page.
A few weeks after the episode has been released we will at random select a subscriber who has completed the above steps to win the power massager!
In the mean time keep upto date with the podcast by following us on:
Andy McDonald (Host)