Episode 27: Andy McDonald chats with Dr Phil Wagner the Founder & CEO of Sparta Science. Phil is a a Physician and a Strength Coach who received his medical degree from USC focused on biomechanics. Phil’s passion for protecting athlete health and longevity through injury resilience coupled with his medically-oriented human performance mindset inspired him to found Sparta Science, a movement technology and data science company focused on improving musculoskeletal health.
In this conversation Andy & Phil discuss:
- Phil’s from athlete to Strength & Conditioning Coach to medicine.
- Setting up Sparta Science
- Informed consumers
- Assessing methods & tools before Implementation
- Re-defining what “Injury prevention means”
- How Sparta Interacts with team systems
- AI & Machine learning in predictive injury models
- Blind spots in data models
- Injury risk identification verses occurrence
- The value of coaches & clinicians gaining foundation knowledge in data methods
Where you can find Phil:
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following Inform Performance on: