Dr Dr Karin Grävare-Silbernagel is an Associate Professor at the Department of Physical Therapy, University of Delaware, Newark, USA. At University of Delaware she runs the tendon research lab together with her colleagues from mechanical and biomedical engineering.
Mark Young is a Senior Physiotherapist at the Geelong Cats who has previously worked at the AIS, EIS, UK Athletics, Nike Athletics and the England & Wales Cricket Board.
Dr Matt Tuttle has previously been on the podcast in episodes 11 and 24 and is the Lead Sport Scientist and Physical Therapist for NBA team the Denver Nuggets.
In this episode the panel discuss:
- Their backgrounds & personal interests in tendons
- Achilles diagnostic considerations & processes
- Acute achilles tendinopathy management
- Management approach & philosophy
- Challenges in their individual athlete settings
- Tendon risk mitigation
- Elastography & UTC to monitor and Intervene with rehab
- Achilles tendon ruptures
- Tendon Resiliency
- Managing Tendons In-season
- Athlete cut points / can the athlete train or play?
- Managing warm-up and game timing
- Setting expectations
- What exercises to use to make a tendon feel better in-season.
- Thorough assessment and differentials
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following Inform Performance on: