In episode 20 Andy McDonald speaks to Mike Reinold the co-founder and president of Champion Physical Therapy and Performance, a PT and performance training facility just outside Boston. He is also currently the Senior Medical Advisor for the Chicago White Sox and the Director of Baseball Performance at Northeastern University, where he has been instrumental in the restructuring and building of the high performance and medical teams. In this episode we discuss Mike educating & empowering athletes, managing increasing complexity within our roles, athletes taking ownership of their data and more!
In this episode with Mike we discuss:
- Mikes professional background
- The quality of care in a pro-sport setting
- Qualities and skills Mike has carried forward from pro sport into being a facility owner
- Focussing on being an expert at small things, not breaching into other professional specialities.
- Educating and empowering athletes
- Starting with why
- How Mike navigates the increasing complexity of our roles and data informed processes.
- Athletes taking ownership for their own data – The next trend
- What do sports clinicians need to up-skill on currently
- Flaws with Insurance based model
- Restoring, optimising and enhancing health and performance
Where you can find Mike Reinold:
Follow the Inform Performance Podcast
Andy McDonald (Host)