Episode 91: For this second Research Unpacked style episode Alistair McKenzie chats to Dr Andras Hegyi a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Nantes, France. For part two Alistair and Andras continue discussing his hamstring muscle research.
Part two topics discussed:
- Regional differences in a various of hamstring exercises typically used in rehab and strength and conditioning
- Overall muscle activity vs between muscle activation vs within-muscle differences
- Perspectives on hamstring training for sprint performance and injury rehab – what are we trying to achieve?
- The affect if velocity on muscle activity
- Clinical implications and from both studies and how they may influence decision making when prescribing exercises
- Future research
Hegyi, A., Csala, D., Péter, A., Finni, T., & Cronin, N. J. (2019). High-density electromyography activity in various hamstring exercises. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports, 29(1), 34–43. https://doi.org/10.1111/sms.13303
Where you can find Andras:
Inform Performance is sponsored by VALD Performance, makers of the Nordbord, Forceframe, ForeDecks and HumanTrak. VALD Performance systems are built with the high-performance practitioner in mind, translating traditionally lab-based technologies into engaging, quick, easy-to-use tools for daily testing, monitoring and training
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following Inform Performance on: